Blogs we like
Just as talented bloggers are changing the political reporting landscape, we are finding more and more blogs that focus on our favorite subjects: Fair Trade, organics, economic justice and social responsibility. Here are a couple we've run across that
Our Members' Blogs
- A blog from our roaster member in Georgia, chronicles the day to day experience of running a roastery, Fair Trade philosophy, and reports from trips to source.
Member roaster owners, Chris and Jody Treter started the "Bean Activist" blog with Chris O’Brien. "The three of us are working on a book together tentatively titled “Higher Grounds: Better Beans for a Better World,” and this is where we’re working out our thoughts for the book."
Member roaster Just Coffee runs their website as a blog and post interesting information, videos, pictures and stories about their company, the movement, and our producer partners. They're always up to something in Madison!
Blogs on the Environment, Coffee, and Fair Trade
Equal Exchange has a couple of different blogs on their website...this one is devoted to covering issues that affect small farmers and consumers. It explores ways of creating a more environmentally and socially just food system.
- With a special focus on shade grown and bird-friendly issues, this website offers a number of interesting articles analyzing the connection between sustainable environmental practices and sustainable trade practices
"In addition to helping you navigate the vast array of available merchandise and simplifying the ordering and imprinting process, Ethix Merch aspires to be your trusted ambassador to the world of ethical commerce - to help you protect your organization's bottom line without sacrificing its heart and soul." Their blog deals with various "hot" issues -- sweatshops, labor unions, etc -- in the garment industry as well as how these relate to ecological concerns.
- As she says, "It's Not Easy Being Green". The Green LA Girl has assembled one of best fair trade blogs on the planet. She digs into the issues - and while we may not always agree - her blog always makes for a great read. She focuses on ethical consumerism, fair trade coffee and local politics in LA.
- A new blog to discuss issues relating to socially just and environmentally sustainable trade. Trade justice! It is coordinated by a few Canadian community organizers.
- Environmental News and Commentary. More than just a blog, it is a news source, and answer column on all things green and sustainable.