About Coop Sol
The Coopérative de Solidarité du Café Equitable is a solidarity cooperative based in Montreal, Quebec and intricately linked to its sister coop - Cooperative Coffees, Americus, GA. It is a voluntary association offering communication and promotional services associated to fair trade goods, practices and quality related issues. These services are provided to the members of Cooperative Coffees, its Southern producer partners, and its support members.
The coop itself is comprised of individuals, organizations, and businesses with a like-minded objective to deepen Fair Trade and the relationships that it helps sustain. Learn more about our history here.
On the administrative side of things, we are a tri-lingual office (meet our staff) and serve as a communications center between Cooperative Coffees and Producer Partners, facilitating the planning and logistics of our coffee contracts, verifying that quality standards are met and offering feedback to producers. We also help circulate producer information to CC roaster members either directly or via our website. Relating these tasks to the current Cooperative Coffees committee structure and organizing logic, the Canadian office will ultimately be responsible for overseeing work plans and activities stemming from the Green Committee, Communications (internal and external), Quality Control, and Special Projects.
CoopSol is a solidarity cooperative. It has a mixed model, meaning that
* User members (roasters or producers that are linked to CC)
* Support members (Coop Coffees is a support member)
* Worker members
The co-operative is structured as a solidarity co-operative having the following goals:
- To operate and strengthen a socially responsible business in the field of fair trade goods ;
- To contribute to the economic prosperity of its members ;
- To continually improve the quality of our relationships and of the fair trade products and services we provide ;
- To assure continuity and congruency with our values for social justice throughout our trading links “from the seed to the finished cup”.
- To provide a forum where the producer voice can be included in a formal and intentional way
Coop Sol's mandate is to help Coop Coffees foster strong producer relationships, in order to import Fair Trade and organic coffee in accordance with mission and values.
- To provide excellent communication
- To promote among members and affiliates
- To manage logistics and mechanics of importation process in tandem with Cooperative Coffees.
For the "visual learners," this diagram will help explain the relationship between Cooperative Coffees in Americus and CoopSol in Montreal.
- Meet our Board
5425 rue de Bordeaux, bureau 500
Phone: 514 907 9853